Work student Marine Engineer
- Koninklijke Boskalis Westminster N.V.
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Vereiste taal
Work student Marine Engineer
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Marine Engineer working student at the Global Engineering department of Boskalis. As a Marine Engineer working student, you will assist the Global Engineering department, which is responsible for supporting the Boskalis Offshore Energy division by providing experts, tools , and procedure in the fields of engineering and project management support to the tender and project teams. You will get the chance to gain more experience within Boskalis by working together with professionals and by being able to discover what the career of a Marine Engineer looks like beyond the theories you have studied.
- Collecting and verifying vessel data required for the hydrodynamic database.
- Setting up a Hydrodynamic database for the Boskalis Offshore Fleet.
- Calculating and reporting data for the Boskalis Offshore Fleet.
- Quality control on data, reporting and storage
Your qualities and experience
You can move ahead as a Marine Engineering working student if:
- You are following a study in Maritime Engineering.
- You have affinity with hydrodynamics.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You have team spirit and a proactive and conscientious work ethic
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earthmoving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential.
- Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will working in the Offshore Fleet team and will a real life experience of working in such of environment.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the department of Global Engineering in Papendrecht.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Marine Engineer is a part-time (16 hours a week) job. For a minimum of 6 months.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.